Sometimes I go to write a blog post, and Dr.Wayne Dyer has not only written the same thing, but also says it way better than I could. He was a prophet.
So today, I give you another Wayne Dyer essay, where he explains we must choose to live in love over fear.
And that’s hard because the news, your friends, the President want you to live in fear, so you keep turning to them for guidance. It’s how they control you.
“The world’s ego is a reflection of the individual power and the amount of fear that is active,” Dyer says. “Learning to experience authentic love means abandoning ego’s insistence that you have much to fear and that you are in an unfriendly world.”
Even stores want you fearful — scared that you won’t have the right furniture, scared you won’t have the right outfit, and scared you won’t be considered cool by your friends. So you shop and shop to quell that fear. But it won’t go away unless you choose something different.
If you want change to occur in you and the world, you have to change the paradigm, says Bob Proctor of the Proctor Gallagher Institute. Nothing will occur if you don’t change the model of how you operate.
Stop choosing fear. Your ego wants you to live in fear, so you don’t change. Choose to live in love, and I promise things will be different.
I give to you Dr. Dyer:
“Notice each day whether you are choosing to live in fear or love. Fear can keep you disconnected from the loving presence inside of you. Causing fear is a tactic of the ego, whether it be your own ego or the world’s ego. The world’s ego is a reflection of individual ego power and the amount of fear that is active. Fear is present when we forget that we are a part of God’s divine design. Learning to experience authentic love means abandoning ego’s insistence that you have much to fear and that you are in an unfriendly world. You can make the decision to be free from fear and doubt and return to the brilliant light of love that is always with you. Who you really are is that unclouded love.
Bringing Love into Your Life
- Remind yourself that God created you in perfect love that is changeless and eternal. Your body is changing, as is your mind, so you are not that body or mind. You were created as a spirit that is pure love. That is where you want to keep your attention focused.
- Forgive yourself and welcome love back into your life. When you can do this, a kind of balancing occurs. Rather than atoning for faults with guilt, you are more committed to promoting joy and service. You will begin to do what you originally came here to do.
- Notice the acts of kindness other people do rather than their shortcomings. This is how the loving presence views you. We are all good, decent, loving souls who occasionally get lost. When you can focus on the good in another and hold that in your mind, you are acting from your higher self. This can help dissipate fear and anger.
- Remind yourself of how much you have to give away and of how precious and valuable your giving is. You have the same force running through you that allows the planets to move, the earth to turn, the seeds to sprout, and the flowers to open. There is not a separate God for each person. There is one universal intelligence flowing through all of us.
- Accept that you are enough. When ego begins trying to attract you toward fear, say loudly, “I am enough!” You do not need to be anything you are not. You do not need to prove yourself. You do not need to indulge your ego with fears and to keep your real self at a distance. “I am enough” affirms that you choose to love and chase doubts and fears away.”